Location will be verified AFTER you register
8:45 am CDT
Adventure Touring Ride out of Kelly’s Pond
Event Date – October 21, 2023
Event Time – 845am
Location – Kelly’s Pond Walker County 30.510511,-95.661682
Event Element – Multi-Use Motorized
Required by Attendee:
Durable attitude and in good working order equipment. Bring an adventure touring motorcycle, you are also welcome to come out on a smaller bike. This group will be focused on getting “that beast” through the forest. This ride will also be great for newer riders on smaller bikes. Please trailer bike in as a “just in case”. Please bring hydration packs to carry when you ride.
NOTE: to ride in the forest you MUST have an Annual Pass.
Extended to the Attendee: Structured guide ensures the safest ride. We rest periodically to regroup to check equipment ensuring maximum fun! After ¼ of a mile of trail, we will split into 4 groups. Faster group, slower group, a maybe group, and a heck-no group.
- The faster group will take a slightly longer route (12.54mi) – you have the option to get back into the slower group, the maybe group, or the heck-no group.
- The slower group will take a small loop in the forest (6.09mi) – you have the option to get back into the maybe group or the heck-no group.
- The maybe group can go either a ¼ mile or 1 mile and then get back on dirt roads or paved streets – you have the option to get back into the heck-no group.
- The heck-no group – you go ¼ mile down the trail and decide it isn’t for you.
- The maybe and heck no groups will have dirt road/pavement routes available.
All groups will have fun and will have the opportunity to learn something about riding and learn something about yourself.
Theme: Getting “that beast” through the forest. Not giving up, learning your bike, learning something about yourself, and having fun! Creating camaraderie!
0745 – early birds can arrive – unloading that beast from the trailer/trucks
0845 – Help with checking chains, tires, prep with hydration, tools, maps, supply whatever to whoever needs a helping hand.
0900 – Ride begins. There will be 8 experienced riders to lead and follow our groups. They will be there to help you get down the trails, pick a bike up, or get you out of a rut. We will stop frequently to regroup, have a quick laugh, and start again.
~1200 – Everyone should be back. Snacks will be provided on the trails to get you through.