Safety Policy in Attending (Required)
RELEASE AND WAIVER: For the purposes of this hold harmless agreement, the undersigned “Volunteer” refers to the individual, guest, agency, firm, child, offspring, or parent of those contributing, collaborating, or contracting services in part or proportion to or for Knowledge Point Network. The undersigned understands KPN is a faith-based nonprofit 501c3 charity organization that gives priority to PTSD-suffering Veterans, their families and sponsors. This release of liability holds KPN harmless applying broadly to the Volunteer/Contractor, their parents, guardian, family, friend, or associates. Regardless if they are less than or over 18 years of age, this legal contract absolves KPN of any claim of loss or any mental, physical, financial or emotional injuries or damages suffered by yourself or any other party to your property, guests, and children. The essence of this instrument ensures that one party or the agency acting as a named caretaker, guardian, power of attorney, sponsor or fiduciary cannot and will not hold KPN legally responsible for any risks incurred from participating or being in the proximity of these events or workshops. Regardless if private or public land the Undersigned Volunteer named per this instrument desires to demonstrate discipline in work as a volunteer indefinitely and or later transition to a contractor, should that pathway warrant. Regardless of the evolution of the undersigned, the essence of this agreement remains to ensure Knowledge Point Network (or "KPN") is NOT liable to claims or to take any action to respond to said claims that evolve related to any matters of liability including any disputes of your heirs known or unknown to you.
Travel Corridors Liability related to your geographic location or routes of egress is not subject involving KPN in any claim. Incidents happening during your travel from the origin, during or returning to your destination are not subject to KPN liability. Transport incidents including but not limited to uber, bus, car, truck, train, plane, boat, canoe, motorized ATV, motorcycle, bicycle, or animal plus passengers associated with general transport are not subject to injury claims toward KPN. General computer research leading to actions, labor indoors or outdoors is not reimbursable. Vehicle repair related to sustaining the mission of KPN will not be reimbursed or used as compensation basis either directly or indirectly in paying fuel cost, tires, oil, etc. KPN is not responsible for damage to any volunteer-provided cars, trucks, campers, tents, and offroad vehicles associated with “being a part of” the mission of the logistics of Operation Veteran 365 or any other initiatives. KPN is not responsible for a pet's behavior, injury, or cost associated when the undersigned places the pet in situations that are not in keeping with standard protocols of LEGITIMATE SERVICE ANIMALS.
The Volunteer freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this release under the following terms:
RELEASE AND WAIVER: The Volunteer releases and forever discharges and holds harmless Knowledge Point Network (or "KPN") its officers and its successors and assigns from any and all liability or claims that the Volunteer (or the Volunteer’s heirs or assigns) may have against Knowledge Point Network with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, property damage or theft that may result from Volunteer’s activities with Knowledge Point Network. THE VOLUNTEER UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE CLAIMS BEING RELEASED HEREIN INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, IF ANY, BASED ON OR IN ANYWAY RELATED TO THE NEGLIGENCE OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF Knowledge Point Network OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTOR, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS. The Volunteer understands that Knowledge Point Network does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to mental, medical, health, or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness. The Volunteer, employer, associates, and family members release and forever discharge Knowledge Point Network from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer or contractor activities with Knowledge Point Network.
PARENTAL CONSENT, RELEASE, AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
“This is to certify that I, as a PARENT/GUARDIAN with LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all Releases, and for myself, my heirs assigns and next of kin, do release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releases from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvements and/or participation in the activities as provided above, even if arising from the negligence of the RELEASEES, to the fullest extent provided by law.” Minors are not allowed on any Knowledge Point Network EVENT WORKSHOP AREA without ADULT SUPERVISION. The Releases are not responsible for watching over minor children at any time. If your child is attending, watching or participating in activities with an adult deemed responsible who is other than their legal PARENT/GUARDIAN they must have on file (1) a copy of this waiver signed by their legal PARENT/GUARDIAN (Waiver must be notarized if not signed on EVENT WORKSHOP AREA ), and (2) a Notarized Letter stating that the Minor has the right to be on the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA and participate in any motorized recreation with the Adult who is responsible for them. Knowledge Point Network strongly suggests any RESPONSIBLE ADULT in charge of a minor carry a Notarized Temporary Guardianship or Notarized Medical Release Form for each minor in case an emergency should arise. Parent/Guardian Signature
Release And Waiver Of Liability, Assumption Of Risk and Indemnity Agreement IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in the activities and events of Knowledge Point Network or any of it’s properties or managed sites and/or being permitted to enter upon, be present at and use the trails/EVENT WORKSHOP AREA where off-highway vehicles (ATV’s, Motorcycles motor boats, or 4x4’s) or other motorized activities and/or events and being conducted (hereinafter referred to as the “EVENT WORKSHOP AREA ”), from the date hereof and for any and all dates thereafter, for any and all purposes and activities including without limitation, the operation, maintenance, observation or use of any type of off-highway vehicle or other motorized vehicles or motorcycles (hereinafter referred to as “Activities”), the undersigned, on his/her own behalf, and on behalf of his/her personal representatives, heirs, next of kin, and any and all other persons using the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA or participating in the activities as a guest of the undersigned (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Undersigned”):
1. Acknowledges, agrees and represents that immediately upon entering the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA the Undersigned shall and shall continuously thereafter, inspect every area of the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA which the Undersigned enters, and the Undersigned further agrees and warrants that, if at any time, the Undersigned is in or about any part of the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA and feels anything to be unsafe, the Undersigned will immediately advise a representative, employee, or agent of the owner of the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA of such and will leave the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA effectively separating from all participants placing themselves at a distance greater than 500 ft and or 1 mile using the transport which placed them in or near the event. If their auto will not operate, one licensed, sober volunteer may (but is not required to) transport the undersigned, affording them the ability to refuse to participate in the activities.
2. Hereby releases, waives, discharges, and covenants not to bring suit against Knowledge Point Network, or any of their properties or managed sites, the owner of the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA, any individual engaging in the Activities, rescue personnel, and the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA inspectors, surveyors, underwriters, consultants and others who give a recommendation, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA, and each of them, the directors, officers, agents and employees (hereinafter referred to as “Releases”), from all liability to the Undersigned for any and all or damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in the death of the Undersigned arising out of or related to the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA or the activities, WHETHER DUE TO NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
3. Hereby agrees to indemnify and SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES and each of them from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may incur arising out of or related to the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA or the Activities WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
4. Hereby ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY for any risk of bodily injury, death, or property damage arising out of or related to the EVENT WORKSHOP AREA or the Activities WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
5. Hereby ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE ACTIVITIES ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. The Undersigned, also expressly acknowledges that injuries received may be compounded or increased by negligent rescue operations or procedures of the Releasees.
6. Hereby Agrees that this Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement EXTENDS TO ALL ACTS OF NEGLIGENCE BY THE RELEASEES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of Texas and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full force and effect.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: The Volunteer understands that activities may be hazardous to the volunteer, including but not limited to, construction, deconstruction, reconstruction, and rehabilitation of all elements and logistics related to ecosystem management of the “private” and/or “public” property. The Volunteer expressly and specifically assumes the risk of all forms of known and yet uncategorized “injury” or harm in these activities. The undersigned is releasing Knowledge Point Network from all liability including claims of use and or monetization of intellectual property rights including the tracing of any device identifier as a result of arriving on the KPN website, video links, blogs, Tweets or any associated social media pages.
Photographic Release: Volunteer grants and conveys to Knowledge Point Network all right, titles, and interests in any and all photographic images, video, audio, inventions or intellectual capital conveyed related to information cultivated by Knowledge Point Network supporter, volunteer, staff or novice during the Volunteer’s activities with Knowledge Point Network. This hold harmless of liability includes, but is not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such concepts, ideas, photographs or recordings including digital assets (photos, voice or podcasts transmitted via social media) related to enhancements of processes triggered by KPN. All transfer of knowledge or intellectual capital is considered property of KPN eligible and expected for redistribution or licensing should it aid in the sustaining of the mission.